Our baby is now becoming a big boy! He's growing, learning and moving at a rate that's becoming difficult to keep up with and I'm told that this is only the beginning.
At 10 months he is:
- Eating solid foods with his hands (when he wants to.) This includes cooked broccoli, bananas, sweet potatoes, cooked squash and zucchini, whole apples (peeled), pears, and much more.
- Eating new things: pasta, oatmeal, bread, waffles, eggs.
- Attempting the sippy cup (the ones with a straw are easier for him.)
- Waving and ALMOST blowing kisses.
- Free as a fish in the tub - no more baby tub, it's been gone for awhile. This one is quite funny because Mr.Man does not sit still. Period. He's all over the place and the tub is no exception. So he slides and climbs constantly while being washed and has a blast doing it.
- Standing on his own for short periods of time (30 seconds or so.)
Other miscellaneous things he's been up to - more jabbering and trying to form words, chewing on furniture, attempting to open cabinets, open and close doors and investigating everything. He's also become familiar with certain people and as well as become fairly clinging with momma.
Ten months also brought a new experience for our family...the sickies. Asher has now been sick twice in the last month and the first round was, well, terrifying for us as parents.
Round 1 - Roseola. I hadn't heard of this until Asher went through it. A fever (102) appeared on a Sunday morning only to fade with medicine. We thought it was just a fluke but when Thursday rolled around the fever came back and settled in. Our lively baby wanted to cuddle instead of play - which was so odd.
We got in to the see the doctor on Friday. No other signs of illness other than his fever and lack of energy. They drew blood and called with the results that afternoon - white blood cells were low indicating a virus. All we could do is wait and watch. This doesn't sound scary, right? Well, for one thing, to see our active baby just want to cuddle was just strange. I won't lie, having him sleep on me was blissful but I would trade it in a heartbeat to take away how awful he felt. You could just see it in his eyes.
Secondly, his fever spike to 104.8 that Friday night. I thought I was going to come unglued when I saw the thermometer register that number! We gave him another round of Advil and immediately put him in a lukewarm bath. His temp came down shortly after but man it scared us. Needless to say he slept with us that night. His fever broke and came back a few times that weekend but by Sunday it was gone and the rash that comes with Roseola settled in. That stuck around until Tuesday and we haven't see that nasty bug since.
Round 2 - A Common Cold. The week of Thanksgiving Asher started in with a nasty cough. It was "productive", he carried a little bit of a fever and it got worse as the week wore on. He finally beat it the following week.
But all in all he's a good, healthy baby. We couldn't ask for better. Here's a sneak peek at our Christmas post... :)