Our little man is now two months old and changing every day and I mean that literally. I feel like when we greet him in the morning he's grown heavier, longer and seems more and more alert and aware.
Two Month Stats:
Weight - 9lbs, 11ozs
Length - 23 inches
Overall Report- Super healthy! I was worried that he wasn't gaining enough weight but the doctor says he's just fine and that it's a product of how active he his. He also said that Asher will probably start trying to roll over soon because he is fairly light and strong.
At two months Asher is:
- Smiling and cooing at familiar faces, voices and toys
- Has found his hands and feet
- Blowing bubbles
- Attempting to talk :) Not exactly talk but it consists of him moving his mouth rapidly, squeaking, while staring at us intensely. We figure he's trying to say something
- Learning how to sleep through the night (meaning many nights we're only waking up once!)
- Loves tummy time and generally tries to hold his head up for as long as possible while on his tummy or when he's being held
Asher has been a busy boy these past two months. He runs errands with mommy often, has been to three birthday parties, visited many friends and met two of the four dogs in our family. Up next - a play date with some of his friends!
What mommy and daddy are doing at two months:
- Getting more sleep!
- Enjoying picnics on the family room floor during breakfast so we can watch Mr. Man play
- Steering a schedule that I'm sure we'll be working on until he's 10
- Planning our first date night on April 2nd
- On the hunt for a nanny...that's right, mom goes back to work April 25th...eek
Asher brings us so much joy, our hearts overflow daily. While I've mentioned in previous posts that no one can truly prepare you for parenthood and the challenges it can bring, on the flip side no one can describe to you the love you feel for and from your child. God is good. He knew exactly what he was doing when He created us.
Here's a string of recent pictures as I know that's what you're REALLY here for!
Playtime with friends...
And tummy time...