Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Favorites - Round 1

Being a new mommy and caring for my little 24/7 has exposed me to things I haven't experienced so far in my life. Small things that leave a big impression. I know that these little things will change over time but right now my favorite things are...(and daddy had some input too.)

hot breath - I love when I'm holding Asher and he let's out a little sigh (whether it's just a sigh or one from frustration.) His breath is hot and usually lands on my cheek or neck. So sweet.

serious face - He has so many variations of this and it just cracks me up. Sometimes it's a result of a camera in his face, sometimes he frustrated and sometimes he's just figuring things out. Here's a pic of him giving his puppy a serious face.

tickles - When you cradle Asher in your arms and he's relaxed his hands will sometimes open and close slowly. If they are against your chest or arm it's the slightest, softest tickle.

the stretch - As he's grown he's started to stretch when waking up. It's so cute when he kicks his head back, eyes still closed and stretches his arms and legs out for seconds at a time.

toots - This one's funny. Asher, like many infants, has gas. We assumed he would but Austin and I had no idea that it would be so powerful! One night, while Asher was still in his bassinet and long after the lights were out, he tooted - loud. It was loud enough for me to question whether it was actually Austin but it wasn't. Immediately following Austin caught the giggles. He couldn't stop and had to leave the room. Maybe we haven't grown up yet (and may never) but we absolutely love this about our little man and giggle every time.

And just for fun I wanted to share a picture that Austin captured this morning during tummy time. As you can see, he's starting to smile a little. Love this sweet face.


5 comments: