Friday, January 28, 2011

Mile 25

It has been a long time since I've been here. In a 26.2 mile footrace, mile 25 feels like forever and right now I'm stuck at mile 25. You've trained for months, you're completely invested in finishing what you've started and now you reach a point of potential failure. Self-doubt creeps in. Concern and obsession start to mask themselves in physical form. For me, the only thing that keeps me on track to finish successfully when I reach this point is the psychological willpower I'm able to muster up. And right now I'm losing that battle.

I realize we're only three days past our due date and when I look back on this I'll probably giggle at the dramatic flair I'm demonstrating at the moment but with no finish line in sight it's getting more and more difficult to stay focused. The good news: no woman has stayed pregnant forever. Austin was kind enough to remind me of this today :) I need to also keep in mind that the last .2 miles of this race is labor and delivery. I have yet to meet my biggest challenge!

4 comments:

  1. Love you! You are doing exactly what you need to be doing. And sorry to say it but Austin does have a point :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A due date is just an "estimate", remember. God knows EXACTLY when your baby is to make his grand entrance. Keep your eyes on Jesus, he knows all.

    Proverbs 17:9 "In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps".

    He'll be here before you know it, hang in there friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hang in there is right! The man upstairs must know that you can take this challenge, and he's right. You're one strong woman! Can't wait to see that first pic of baby boy JOnes!

    ReplyDelete